Thursday, 14 July 2011

Salaam after a long time!

Salaam aleikum, dear reader; it has been a long time since I last wrote. So many things have happened since, so I never had the time! Insha'Allah, now that I am connected again, I may be able to write more often. 

In early July, I moved out of my non-Muslim home and suburb, into a place called Beitun-Nur, which is a society for destitute Muslim women. it is situated in an area with many Muslims. At last I have had the chance to attend Jumu'ah prayers each week, alhamdulillah! And no dogs around - just a lovely cat, and two geese and some chickens! ;-) 

Here at the Beit, I am busy finding my feet and getting into the life of the local Muslim community. So many opportunities have opened up for me that I can hardly take it all in! At the moment, with a lot of encouragement, I am busy writing a book about my journey to Islam, which I hope to call "My Hijabi Journey". It is a really exciting task! Insha'Allah, I am also going on the local radio station soon, in the first week of Ramadhaan, to tell my revert story and promote my book, etc. 

I hope to go to university next year to do Islamic studies, insha'Allah, in order to be able to write books propagating the truth of Islam, as it is my dream to follow this path of a writer. Subhan'Allah, our Almighty Allah has put so many wonderful Muslims across my path, who have been so eager to help me!

I humbly ask for your du'aas, that Allah SWT may have His way with me. I keep my readers in mine, too.

Until next time... hopefully soon, insha'Allah!

Salaam 
Saadiqah
(*

No comments:

Post a Comment